[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSIS -- CS Declaration -- Thank you

Bill McIver mciver at albany.edu
Sat Jan 10 21:24:52 GMT 2004

My WSIS Comrades*,

I've been planning this note for quite some time.
Please forgive the delay.

--

I have just hung the WSIS "flag" that you gave me at the Summit.

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to
be a part of the effort to create the CS Declaration.

I was deeply honored to be given the task to present it in the Plenary
on behalf of all of you worked on it and endorsed it.

Thank you to everyone who contributed in all of the
myriad ways to the realization of our declaration.

Thank you also to Louise and Alain for their efforts.

Special thanks go to my co-coordinator, Sally Burch.
She really provided most of the coordination "energy" between the two of us.
Not many people within CS have her experience and knowledge
in operating within this realm and we should all feel very
fortunate to have had her.

--

Chris Nichol and Claudia Padovani wrote
on my flag (not to overlook what others wrote :-\ ):

     "It was worth it" and "Let's keep going," respectively.

I agree!  ¡La lucha sigue!

Best,

WJM

* For the  U.S. State Department filter.
--

Bill McIver
Assistant Professor

e-mail: mciver at albany.edu