[WSIS CS-Plenary] List of NGO reps in Hammamet and question of govt. relation

Laurent Straskraba laurent at straskraba.net
Tue Jun 8 19:23:24 BST 2004

Dear Djilali,

thank you for your critical statement. I just would like you to see
"chance" as a real chance, including financial possibilities, visa
processing, etc. I fully agree that without real opportunities everything
is just idle talk and looks nice on papers. Consequently, this is true for
both "developed" and "developing" countries. Please do not assume that in
OECD countries everything is fine, so that CSO and government concerns
would be alike. That's just not the case. I'm not an expert in your
particular country/situation but I'm certainly aware that there needs to be
public (international) support for development. It's the same here ..

Finally, I would like to see more action going on to fulfill the goals of
the Plan of Action in line with the Declaration of Principles. I think it's
very important for the wealthier to hear and see the views and thoughts of
the not so wealthy ones. ICTs in my opinion are meant to support these
opportunities. We need to join hands though to reach this aim, may it be
personally or virtually.

Best,

Laurent

---
Mag. Laurent Straskraba
Information Society Researcher / Information Society Representative at UN
Youth & Student Association of Austria

post: Ontlstrasse 3, A - 4040 Linz, Austria / Europe
mobile: +43.650.7711861 (GMT +1)
e-mail: laurent at straskraba.net
web: http://www.straskraba.net
---