[WSIS CS-Plenary] question of govt. relation

christoph bruch c.bruch at gmx.de
Thu Jun 10 15:20:39 BST 2004

Atanu:

The answer to this question depends on the character of the government and
of course of the person who represents cs with a government delegation.

Concerning the WSIS process I am positive that cs does get overwhelmed by
the government and that the organization participation in cs coordination
group for the WSIS are in no way governmental NGOs.

Delegating cs representatives to government delegations and regularly
conferring with government representatives influences both sides. So
depending on the character of a particular government it might be advisable
to keep distance.

An acceptable or even positive relationship between cs and government or the
opposite situation in one country does not prejudge cs-government relations
in other countries.

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Bruch