[WSIS CS-Plenary] Evidence of infringement of Human Rights at PrepCom1

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 25 20:36:44 BST 2004

1. The tunisian human rights league web site (www.ltdh.org) is not
accessible anymore from the PrepCom venue.
2. The tunisian organizing committee issued at least 20-30 new badges
today (registration dealine is long over), and the authorities carried
these people from Tunis in Buses to the Civil Society content and themes
meeting this evening.
3. The CT meeting was completely hijacked by the Tunisian agent
provocateurs. Wewere deprived our right tospeakfreely,and someofus were
almost physically attacked. It was a frightening situation.

There is discussion going on among governments right nowtomovethe
wholesummit to Geneva. All PrepComs will now take place in Geneva.

We have a meeting of like-minded NGOs right now and discuss our
strategy.

Ralf