[WSIS CS-Plenary] Rules and procedures

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Sat Jun 26 19:13:33 BST 2004

Dear friends,

I totally agree for establishing rules and procedures which should govern
our meetings at UN World Conferences a part from reviewing our structures
(Bureau, CT and Caucuses in the WSIS). These rules should help us in
general, but particular when facing such difficult situations we have just
gone through.

CONGO, together with NGLS, will have a meeting on 26 July, to give NGOs an
opportunity to respond and react to the Cardoso report. Following that
meeting we could ask some leading NGOs to start drafting such rules, which
should then be shared widely.

The CS Bureau meeting had decided to establish a small Committee to assess
and review that particlar structure. As events then took such a memomentum
we did not come around to identify the persons, unless this happened today.
In any event we will do this, and we had set a time frame until end of
August.

Best

Renate Bloem

Conference of NGOs (CONGO)