[WSIS CS-Plenary] Draft Roadmap for Second Summit Phase Available

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sat Mar 6 12:14:39 GMT 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:16:39 +0900, you wrote:

>Quite important to know please.  Because if it is an exact copy I
>think we should be very concerned to see the work of the working
>group on Internet governance and the task force reviewing financial
>mechanisms as directing their output to "prepcoms".

I share Adam's concerns. There is expectation that the working group on
Internet Governance will work in a much more open way than PrepComs did.
Apart from the obvious observations on the weight to be given to civil
society representatives, we might propose and actually obtain that the WG
process includes such wonders as remote online participation to meetings,
and other chances for wide participation that are more or less common in the
ICANN and Internet Governance space, but would be a significant step forward
in terms of UN processes.

I think this opportunity should not be missed, so I support Adam's proposal
to object strongly to this roadmap.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...