[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: InfoWorld - AIT Invitation to Attend InfoSec Conference and Exhibit

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 11:18:26 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Just got this invitation to attend a multi-location conference on
Information and Cybersecurity sponsored by the US Department of
Homeland Security and the Secret Service.  Looks like a good forum to
bring human rights and civil liberties papers.  :-)

Rik Panganiban
CONGO

Begin forwarded message:

> From: webmaster at aitglobal.com
> Date: February 14, 2005 2:49:41 PM EST
> To: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
> Subject: InfoWorld - AIT Invitation to Attend InfoSec Conference and
> Exhibit
>

> InfoWorld Media Group and AIT, and our Special Speakers from the US
> Department of Homeland Security and US Secret Service Electronic
> Crimes Task Force (US SS ECTF), invite you to attend a special event
> on Information & Cyber Security at a city near you.  There is no
> charge to attend.
>
> These conferences will take place in:
> * Washington, D.C. on March 8 at The Sheraton Reston
> * Philadelphia on March 10 at the Sheraton Suites/Four Points Hotel
> Philadelphia Airport
> * Boston on March 15 at The Westin Waltham
> * New York on March 23 at Madison Square Garden
>
> Register now at:
> http://www.aitglobal.com/newevents/details/nov162005.html
>
> Sessions will offer tutorials on:
> * The role of the US DHS and the US SS ECTF in the InfoSec
> Public-Private Partnership
> * Trends in security applications and solutions
> * Protection against "bot networks" and prevention of Phishing
> * Localized and scalable security strategies
>
> Special Guest Speaker:
> The special guest speaker is Mike Levin, ATSAIC, US Secret Service
> Electronic Crimes Task Force Program Coordinator, Washington D.C.
> Special Agent Levin is assigned to the Criminal Investigative Division
> at Secret Service Headquarters.
>
> Who should attend:
> Business, Government, and Academic executives who need to know the
> latest developments in Information Security Trends, Applications, and
> Solutions
>
> Cosponsors:
> InfoWorld Media Group is the Cornerstone Media Cosponsor and Official
> Technology Magazine.  Sybari Software, Inc. is the Platinum Cosponsor,
> and CipherTrust, Inc. is the Gold Cosponsor.  ISSA is the
> Co-sponsoring Security Industry Association.  AIT Global, an IT
> industry educational society, is the event producer.
>
> Exhibits and Presentations Welcome:
> A limited number of sponsorship opportunities for information security
> and IT infrastructure companies are available by contacting Carol
> Lackey at AIT Global Inc.  Send e-mail to:
> mailto:carol_lackey at aitglobal.com, 631-269-6713.
>
> Register to attend now:
> http://www.aitglobal.com/reg_4citytour.html

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator
Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations
(CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524