[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN Official Document System is online

Gustavo Noronha Silva kov at debian.org
Thu Jan 13 00:03:44 GMT 2005

Em Qua, 2005-01-12 às 16:13 -0500, Milton Mueller escreveu:

> >If a thematic area is not to be part of the working group, then there
> >is no need to have the chosen representatives for these thematic
> areas
> >in the working group.
>
> Many people involved in WSIS-CS have an interest in intellectual
> property issues but were not involved in the PCT working group. For
> example, those of us involved in ICANN directly, must deal with
> trademark issues as they affect domain names.  We also confront the
> pressures of copyright and trademark holders to compromise the privacy
> of domain name registrants by means of public Whois data.

ICANN is not an expert on PCT. PCT is of course one of concerns for this
organization's daily work. This is completely different from talking
about an issue and not having someone who really understands the
concepts involved and their implications deeply to clear up
misunderstandings and "sniff" potential problems.

See ya,

--
kov at debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://beterraba.no-ip.org/~kov/>
 Debian: <http://www.debian.org/>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org/>