[WSIS CS-Plenary] Preparing for PrepCom 2

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Jan 16 15:01:42 GMT 2005

Reading the ongoing discussion that is going on, has me thinking if
the same energy and great effort being expended could not also be
used for another very important issue - that of starting to prepare,
organizing and discussing the coming PrepCom 2...

It is my view that in addition to an ongoing debate and/or discussion
we need, we must also start focusing our attention on the coming
prepcom...

Here's my list of suggested list of items that I think we should
start planning for:

* A debriefing session for the different working groups and caucuses
- Where each group could update each other on activities we've been
involved in and the try to agree on objectives to achieve for Week 1
& 2 of the prepcom

* Press Briefings -
This was done very effectively at really only PrepCom 1 of the first
phase. It would be good to organize a daily public press briefing

* Meeting with the governments
As in the past, I think it would be quite effective to try to arrange
one or more meetings with the regional blocks such as the EU, Africa,
GRULAG etc.  For this it would be good to start planning already.

* Building an online resource for the CS delegates .
Given enough time - something we have now -  an online resource of
some kind could be setup so that not only do we know how to get in
touch with each other, but also what our common positions and
objectives are for the meeting.

* Communications
One of the issues that came up in this month's public voice
teleconference is that we need to better share news and updates that
are going on.

I for one have started a blog to keep this caucus and others informed
on my wsis activities. If you have a blog, or know others who do -
please let me know so that I can feed them into the WSIS news section
on my site.

http://www.privaterra.org/activities/wsis/blog/

I hope that by starting to plan now we can be more strategic and
effective at the coming prepcom.

I am keen to hear everyone's comments.

regards

Robert