[WSIS CS-Plenary] PCT and WGIG

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Jan 16 17:38:16 GMT 2005

Beatriz Busaniche ha scritto:
> Same for you: I have no doubt that you can significantly improve on the
> work done by the FSF over the last twenty years of intense and deep
> technical and philosophical work, so please go ahead. Just don't go
> around telling people that your ideas are those of the free software
> movement before checking with us first, thank you.

I'll do - actually, I'm trying to involve your "connectors" privately in
the WGIG drafting work.

For the rest, I (sadly) think that our discussion is not going anywhere...
I'll just add that I still don't understand who ever decided that the PCT
caucus and/or the FSF are the sole legitimate representatives of the free
software movement, or that matters such as intellectual rights are the
sole domain of the PCT caucus or of the free software movement, so that
other caucuses or civil society members cannot legitimately talk about them.

Still, as I wrote earlier in a reply to Georg, I think that it would be
extremely stupid for all civil society if we could not reach sufficient
reciprocal understanding so to push together the many proposals on which
we may agree, rather than stressing again and again the few things on
which we disagree. IMHO, the most stupid thing any of us could do is
challenge in public the legitimacy of any civil society proposal at WSIS
or at WGIG, as long as most of it can be shared by everyone - which is
what we should aim to.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...