[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSIS folks at World Social Forum?

Valeria Betancourt valeriab at apc.org
Fri Jan 21 16:13:36 GMT 2005

Hello Rik:

Information about an activity organised by AMARC.

SATURDAY 29th JANUARY, ROOM D102, 12.00 - 15.00
Communication Rights and the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)
- Campaign Assessment

Evaluation of civil society involvement in the World Summit on the Information
Society and discussion on strategy for the WSIS Summit to be held in Tunisia
in November 2005. The workshop will take the form of a round table including
dialogue with independent civil society organisations from Tunisia working in
the human rights field. The objective of the workshop is to develop a
strategy to defend and promote communication rights at the WSIS Summit.

Participants:  Elizabeth Robinson (Moderator), Steve Buckley (AMARC), Sihem
Bensedrine (OLPEC, Tunisie), Mokhtar Trifi (Ligue tunisienne des droits de
l'homme), Gustavo Gomez (AMARC-ALC) and others
Translation available (ES, EN, PT)

Valeria