[WSIS CS-Plenary] The Economist on the 'real digitaldivide'

Nabil El-Khodari webmaster at nilebasin.com
Sun Mar 13 23:17:48 GMT 2005

Dear Dr. Mueller:

I do appreciate your comment, I do perfectly understand it. When is
the second part of your report to be published?

I hope that you do not mean by your comments that in places such as
Ethiopia, where there is drought and famine, we cannot include
computers as part of the educational system for example. If that is
the argument, since we may be condemning these society to perpetual
poverty, some of which may be caused by lack of access to information
and/or markets.

Sincerely,

Nabil El-Khodari
Founder
Nile Basin Society

Tel.: +1 (647) 722-3256
Fax: +1 (647) 722-3273

http://nilebasin.com
http://nile.ca

108 Waterbury Dr.
Toronto, ON M9R 3Y3
Canada

"How we decide and who gets to decide often determines what we
decide." Environmental Governance

"If the people will lead, the leaders will follow" Dr. David Suzuki