[wsis-finance] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Africa-CS-WSIS]ReDiana'status

Diana Mercorios dmercorios at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 10:24:56 GMT 2005

Dear Djilali,
I am from civil society and have worked with the African Caucus since PrepCom 1. You do not have to apologise for anything my friend. My opinions on who is CS is MY opinion. Colleagues on the list can agree or disagree - they are free to do that.

I have positied the idea that local (small) business can be considered CS because during the work that we have been doing in the prepcoms as African CS we have tried to encourage the particiaption of African business in the deliberations we have been having as civil society. We had some successes in that there was recognition by some of our African business colleagues that there was need to participate and agree on an position WITH the African community groups, NGOs, etc.

As to the (alleged) contradiction (as stated by Mr Fullsack) with my statement that everyone is part of civil society if they step out of their professional guise. All that means is that every person in society is affected by the laws/policies in society as a person living in that society - the difference is the differential impact - ie. my professional guise will determine the level of impact. Eg. the lack of an adequate education system in Africa impacts differently on the poor vs the rich in society - my class, ethnicitiy etc. has an impact. You get the idea..

Diana

djilali benamrane <dbenamrane at yahoo.com> wrote:
Cher Jean louis, cher Diana
If there was a misunderstanding about the Status od
Diana, i really appologize. If Diana is a private
sector representative i ignored it and i ignore so
many things and situation. Am i the only person who
don't care who is who ? Perhaps Diana could convert me
to the unical thought and the hyperliberalism, for
that

Djilali Benamrane : dbenamrane at yahoo.com
Tel/fax : (227) 75 35 09 BP 11207 - Niamey - Niger
Tél/Fax : (331) 01 45 39 77 02 Paris - France
Page web sur le SMSI (mecanismes de financement) : en cours de construction
Page web sur l'Afrique et la globalisation : http://www.multimania.com/djilalibenamrane/
Groupe de discussion: http://www.egroups.com/list/afriqueglobalization

Diana Mercorios
ABANTU International
dmercorios at yahoo.com/diana at abantu.org
Tel: +44 2074018977   Fax: +44 2076021431