[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Proposed CS response to the Draft Regional Action Plan for WSIS in Asia Pacific

Parminder Parminder at ITforChange.net
Mon May 30 13:38:30 BST 2005

Hi All

Please find enclosed a draft of a proposed response from the Asia Pacific CS
to the draft Regional Action Plan (RAP)( read it at www.aprcwsis05.ir ) that
will be taken up for adopting at the Asia Pacific Regioanl WSIS conference in
Tehran that begins tomorrow evening (Around noon GMT).  The RAP is very
objectionable in not only that it doesnot at all address the development needs
of the people of the Asia Pacific but it also signifies a retreat from the
WSIS documents, and the earlier (2003) Tokyo Declaration on IS in the Aisa
Pacific. We are of the view that the CS must reject this draft RAP completely,
and call for developing a new RAP through an inclusive, participatory, and
transparent processs whic gives the Asia Pacific CS its due role in shaping
the IS in the Asia Pacific. Comments on this proposed response may be given in
the next 24 hours. We request everyone to understand the kind of time squeeze
in which these kind of activites have often to be undertaken.

This document still has to go though some editing formating etc.

best regards

Parminder

www.ITforChange.net
IT for Change
Bridging Developmental Realities and Technological Possibilities