[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: btw

KovenRonald at aol.com KovenRonald at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 17:00:54 GMT 2005

Dear Prof. Vincent --

You should learn to be more careful when you use the names of persons in
vain. Your message saying unkind things about me and others went to the whole
plenary list. In the past, when I have wanted to communicate with you personally I
have done you the courtesy of writing you directly, not thru the whole
plenary list. In this instance, I have no choice but to reply thru the same channels
as you made your remarks.

You are entitled to your opinions, of course. But you obviously think that
just saying you don't care for this or that person is enough to disqualify him
or her. So much for academic standards of evidentiary discourse. So I will
ignore your unbacked statements of opinion.

On one of the few matters of fact in your message: If you had been attending
the various Prepcoms as I have had to do for my sins, you would have found
Mustapha Masmoudi present at each one and acting -- generally very politely, I
must say -- as the de facto leader of the very large Tunisian GONGO contingent
that spends its time -- rather less politely -- trying to prevent anyone saying
anything even mildly critical of Tunisia.

As for my regard for facts, I think you would have a very hard time finding
instances in my 50 years in journalism when I did anything but honor them. I
sincerely hope that you can say as much.

Ronald Koven