[WSIS CS-Plenary] [Fwd: List of speakers for Sub-Committee A - 13 Nov.]

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Fri Nov 11 18:19:26 GMT 2005

Dear all,

as you can see from Phillipe's mail below, we have again speaking slots
for Sub-Committee A meetings to fill. Most if not all rules from prepcom
3 apply also for 3 bis:

1. We have 15 minutes per 6 hours meeting time

2. Our interventions in sub-committee A really need to focus on the
paragraphs under negotiation. General statements are a waste of time.

3. Relevant documents for Subcommittee-A can be found here:
[http://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/pc3/index.html#re] Alas, most of
the links seem not to work at the moment.

The Internet Governance Caucus doesn't know yet exactly how many
speaking slots it needs, certainly one for sunday and one for monday. As
indicated in Phillipe's mail below, the gender caucus needs a slot too.
If there are many requests from other caucuses, I'd suggest we reduce
speaking time to 3 minutes in order to accomodate more speakers.

Please get back to me a.s.a.p. if you need a speaking slot for
sub-committee A. If possible, please specify at what day and meeting you
wish to speak and the subject you want to address.

  Below you find the details in Phillipe's mail to us:

Jeannette and Adam,

Such as during PrepCom-3, observers will have to follow the regular
procedures as regards their participation in Sub-committee meetings.
Among others, we have to forward the ITU a list of speakers *at least
half an hour before the beginning of each session*.

I would really appreciate if the IG caucus could *coordinate* among
itself and with other caucuses before Sunday morning to determine the
names of speakers for the 1st meeting of Sub-Committee A (Sunday,
12:15-15:00).

I was notified that *Magaly Pazello* has got a statement ready and wants
to deliver it at this 1^st Sub-Com. A meeting.

I guess as well that the *IG caucus* will also take the floor.

For each speaker, the ITU needs the following information:

-          Name of the Speaker

-          Name of his/her accredited civil society organisation

-          Name of the entity/ies on behalf of which he takes the floor
(caucus, WG, coalitions, …).

The ITU would also like to get hard copies or electronic *written
versions* of the statements when available no later than the beginning
of the session.

Observers will be allowed to take the floor *15 minutes for each 6 hours
of meeting*. It is up to you to decide how to use this time (15 minutes
in a row, or twice 7’30’’).

Please, Jeannette and Adam, come back to me on Sunday morning (or
before!!) about that.

Best regards,

Philippe