[WSIS CS-Plenary] Participations to the Summit by individuals (was Re: from IHT...)

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sat Oct 1 18:36:36 BST 2005

Ronda ha scritto:
> Can someone explain what the events will be for the upcoming Tunis
> Summit and what kinds of passes are needed to attend them?
>
> I have seen various emails on  this list about people asking for
> passes for a certain number of people to attend certain events. Is
> there some place these events are listed so one can understand what
> events there are and how to get passes to attend them?
>
> I will be attending the summit along with a few other people who have
> not yet been to any of the events that have been part of WSIS.
>
> I have been following what is happening for a while though so I know
> the issues, just not the organizational details of how one prepares to
> go to Tunis.
>
> Can someone either explain or give a url that provides some info.

I am not an expert at all - someone from the Bureau or the valiant
people from CONGO should be able to give a better reply. However, this
is the URL:

http://www.itu.int/wsis/participation/accreditation/index.html

Organizational accreditation is already closed. If you want to enter the
premises for the Summit (and/or for the "resume session" of PrepCom-3
that will take place in Tunis just before the Summit) you have to find
an already accredited civil society organization that inserts you in the
list of its delegates. I might imagine that either one of the
organizations that participate in the IG Caucus, or other
Internet-related organizations such as the Internet Society, might be
willing to help.

I had the same problem - basically, I could attend the Summit and the
past PrepComs only thanks to Adam Peake's kind offer to include me in
the GLOCOM delegation. Also, my written contributions for this last
PrepCom were rejected as well, apparently because, as an individual, I
have no right to submit contributions to the PrepCom (however I did not
even receive a formal reply, and I could only ascertain this through
informal channels). It is something that, as an individual used at
participating in global Internet policy processes in an individual
capacity, I find extremely frustrating.