[WSIS CS-Plenary] proposed list of speakers for Tunis

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Oct 4 10:49:05 BST 2005

Laina Raveendran Greene ha scritto:
> Thanks Rik for responding with an explanation. I would mainly like to
> hope that more caucuses will be considered, and also to register my
> concern for some speakers speaking more than once or oneorganisation
> represented more than once. Ithink we need to be multistakeholder and
> inclusive ourselves too and will hope you will look into rectifying this.

Couldn't we have a principle in that every person, organization, caucus
or country cannot appear more than X times? Maybe with X=1 for people
and organizations, and X=2 for caucuses and countries.

Generally speaking, I am a bit concerned about how to proceed. I see
considerable criticism to this list of speakers, and while part of it is
natural (not everyone can be represented in such a small set of people
and those left out will always complain), I think it should be taken
into serious consideration.

In particular, I think that it should be the Plenary to approve a final
list of speakers, not the Bureau. If we don't have time to do it in
Tunis the day before the Summit, I would rather hold an online
consultation to that purpose.