[WSIS CS-Plenary] Challenging Sub-committee A drafting groups going into closed sessions

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Sun Sep 25 13:25:45 BST 2005

Hi
I was at the meeting under discussion, and it didn't seem to me at all
that Jeanette presented her opinion as the IG caucus' opinion.
She said - "this is what happened."  And also  -"I would like to say
in my experience", and "this is my opinion'" and  "I think".
To me that doesn't in ANY way imply - "this is the IGC position"
So unless I missed something that she said (which I doubt) - to me the
main premise of this objection is moot.

Yes, she has strong views and she is passionate - if she wasn't, I
doubt she'd be putting in the long and hard hours that are necessary
to get things coordinated for so long.

Jeanette has always been very inclusive and helpful, IMO. When i first
showed up, fresh  from the developing world, first time in Geneva, the
IG caucus coordinators were very good at explaining the way around,
etc. I have never felt the insider/outsider divide even when I was
very new, and I don't see that much has changed re the way of
operating.

My $0.02

Jacqueline

On 9/25/05, Laina Raveendran Greene <laina at getit.org> wrote:
> [Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific people]
>
> Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of this message!
> _______________________________________
>

> Dear McTim,
>
> I guess I am under the impression that a Coordinator works on collecting the
> inputs of others opinions before making a proposal on behalf of the group,
> as opposedto presenting her opinion as a proposal from the group. It just
> helps keep the process a little more open, just as Tracy has been carefully
> doing. "leadership" and "coordination" are two different roles.
>
> It is just a matter of process that helps keep matters "inclusive" and
> "multistakholder". Beyond that, I have no issues with Jeanette's passion and
> leadership, am very happy to see someone so involved and concerned about the
> issues for others.
>
> Regards,
> Laina

Jacqueline Morris