[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Kofi Annan nominates IFGAdvisory Group

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Fri May 19 02:38:27 BST 2006

I agree most of what Milton wrote, perhaps with more
cautious tones than him.

First, congratulations to those who are selected out of
our nomination/recommendation, Adam, Gemma, Jeanette
Qusai and Robin.

But, what strikes me is, as Milton and many of you may feel the same way,
dominance of government and "technical community" especially
from ICANN stakeholders/operators, but very few from the Civil Society
in a narrow sense.

While there is seemingly "consensus" not to discuss ICANN related issues
here at IGF, but rather in the closed "enhanced cooperation" process,
then why so many ICANN related folks are here?
This is quite strange to me. Any explanation?

Where are the spam, security, multilingual experts?

I mean, from the CS: privacy, human right, free speech experts.

I think the Civil society memebrs there in Geneva should
express our initial serious concerns about the composition
and the direction of the MAG.

izumi