[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] CS IGC IGF Statement

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Fri May 19 16:56:38 BST 2006

At 11:47 AM 19.5.2006 '?.'ЪЪ┬Ж  -0400, David Allen wrote:
>I am unclear how this was released as a caucus
>statement, without at least a little prior
>consultation.  I can imagine a group present in
>the meeting who put something together and then
>present that as their position, 'by that group.'  But the caucus as a whole?

David, you are not reading what Wolfgang says, he
said "on behalf of the present members of the
Caucus" - so, I asume they have talked to each other in Geneva.

>The text says 'members of the Internet
>Governance Caucus.'  That does not effectively
>distinguish from the Caucus itself, and it will
>not be heard as doing so by the
>uninitiated.  Indeed, later text goes on to, for
>example, 'The Internet Governance Caucus is
>pleased with ...' and '... the Internet
>Governance Caucus sees the ...,' clearly
>statements for and from the caucus as a whole.

But, I agree that they should have been more
clear than they were. However, whatever is done,
is done. Let's hope that from now on they will be more careful.

veni