[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [CS Bureau] Review of CSB bureau

CONGO - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Tue Oct 17 23:28:15 BST 2006

Robert,

The two paragraphs I sent earlier today were the views expressed by members
of the WSIS CSB during a lunchtime discussion – rather than during a
consultation. Those discussing this issue have not asserted they were
speaking _on behalf of_ the CSB. By memory, I think that Francis Muguet,
Ann-Kristin Hakansson, Tijani Ben Jemaa and Djilali Benamrane were present
during this lunchtime discussion. I was also there but I am not a CSB member
as you know.

And there is not at this time any negotiation process. The discussion we had
today was actually encouraged by the recent significant comments brought on
this list, considering it was relevant to use this space for dialogue among
those present in Paris.

To clarify in particular the second paragraph, sent earlier this evening, it
goes without saying, in my understanding of the discussion, that final
decision supporting the adaptation of the CSB or of any CSB-like structure
in the following steps, expectedly in May 2007, should be taken by a CS
Plenary. In such a reflection process, members of the WSIS CSB will
therefore have a particular role in stimulating a discussion on this issue
and to involve all other CS actors interested.

Best,

Philippe