[WSIS CS-Plenary] Financing CS from LDCs.

mpazello at oi.com.br mpazello at oi.com.br
Sun Oct 29 22:20:34 GMT 2006

Hello,
It seems to be a great and bad news in the same time. Great news
becasue it shows that still there is money to support the civil
society from LDCs, unfortunatelly not for people from developing
countries. Bad news because IMO CSB doesn't reflect the current CS
mobilization around the WSIS implementation and monitoring.

Nnena, in a previous message, has raised relevant points to think
about the CSB existence, role, etc. in special because one year after
Tunis there was no substantive activity in the CSB list. I agree with
Nnena that "some dead caucuses need to be buried". In the same way
pobrably new caucuses/groups were born.

Anyway, in relation to grants and funds  a good accountability is
needed in order to prevent misunderstandings on this matter.

Could be good to recover the reports of the debate and decisions made
in the last CSB as well the CS plenary meeting when the role of CSB
was discussed too.

Magaly