[WSIS CS-Plenary] OECD Civil society reference group & OECD 2008 Ministerial Meeting on the Future of the Internet Economy

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Mon Jun 9 02:05:02 BST 2008

Dear Lisa

> It seems to me that there are a number of parties that consider this
> listserv to be "dead,"
quite charming indeed just after the WSIS cluster week and the CSTD...
these parties are obviously misinformed....

> and that may explain why there was nothing posted earlier regarding
> the Seoul OECD Ministerial on The Future of the Internet Economy. For
> the latter, civil society coordination is being handled by The Public
> Voice (http://thepublicvoice.org/). <http://thepublicvoice.org/%29.>
> On the organization's website, one can find information about the
> upcoming ministerial, the "reference group," etc.

I could not find any information on the page
http://thepublicvoice.org/events/oecdministerial.html
about the composition of this *OECD Civil society reference group*

There is an information about the Public Voice,  *

*Public Voice
/Since that time, the Public Voice coalition has worked with the OECD
and other international organizations on a wide range of Internet policy
matters, from privacy and cryptography to electronic commerce and
developing market economies. The Public Voice believes that it is vital
to maintain civil society participation in the work of the OECD,
particularly in the IT realm. Toward that goal, the Public Voice has
started a good process to facilitate civil society participation leading
up to the 2008 Ministerial in Seoul./

and its mission :

/The Public Voice project was established in 1996 by the Electronic
Privacy Information Center (EPIC) to promote public participation in
decisions concerning the future of the Internet. The Public Voice has
purused issues ranging from privacy and freedom of expression to
consumer protection and Internet governance. Through international
conferences, reports and funding for travel the Public Voice project
seeks to increase the presence of NGOs at meetings across the globe. In
cooperation with the OECD, UNESCO, and other international
organizations, the Public Voice project brings civil society leaders
face to face with government officials for constructive engagement about
current policy issues. Public Voice events have been held in Buenos
Aires, Cape Town, Dubai, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Kuala Lumpur, Ottawa,
Paris, Washington, and Wroclaw./

/The Public Voice project is made possible, in part, by support from the
Ford Foundation and the Open Society Institute. The Public Voice has
provided support for several organizations, including the Center for
International Media Action, CPSR, EDRi, People for Internet
Responsibility, Privacy International, and CPSR-Peru./

/"There is an increasing recognition that we must involve all
stakeholders including the voice of civil society. The Public Voice
meeting and its contributions to the Forum have been constructive and
positive." --- OECD Under Secretary General/

and OECD Civil Society page
<http://www.oecd.org/department/0,2688,en_2649_34495_1_1_1_1_1,00.html>
I could not find any information.

Is the Public Voice coalition the
*OECD Civil society reference group ?
*Please clarify ?
Is it a closed or an open group ?

May be the info is there, somewhere on the OECD or PublicVoice sites.?
Please help

Thanks

Francis

> Regards,
>
> Lisa
>

> On 6/8/08 7:26 PM, "Dr. Francis MUGUET" <muguet at mdpi.org> wrote:
>
>     [Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the
>     entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses
>     intended for specific people]
>
>     Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic
>     translation of this message!

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA/KNIS  http://knis.org
32 Blvd Victor 75739 PARIS cedex FRANCE
Phone: (33)1 45 52 60 19  Fax: (33)1 45 52 52 82
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

FP7  Digital World Forum on Accessible and Inclusive ICT
PC4D : http://www.pc4d.org

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web